Atakilt Wat or Ethiopian cabbage curry is a mildly spiced curry which perfectly goes with rice & chapati or roti. This is a simple dish for busy days. If you have a hatred towards cabbage just like me, then this is one of the comforting recipes you would love & want to try out.
To know what my other friends are cooking, check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44.
Adapted from here
Prep Time-10mins | Cook time-20mins | Serves-3people
3Cups chopped cabbage
1Tsp chopped ginger
2Garlic cloves finely chopped
1Big potato cut in to cubes
1Tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
2Tsp black pepper / Red chili powder
1/2 Tsp turmeric
Salt to taste
– Heat pan with oil & to that add chopped onions. Fry them till they are translucent on low heat & it might 3mins to 4mins.
– To onions add garlic & ginger. Fry them for seconds.
– Add carrots & potatoes to pan along with turmeric & salt. Close pan with lid & cook till they are done.
– Add cabbage to pan, along with jeera powder & mix them well. Close pan with lid & cook for 4mins & check if the cabbage is done.
– Once the cabbage is cooked add black pepper & give a final stir. Adjust salt if needed & switch off heat.
– If you are adding red chili powder, then add it along with jeera powder.
– Garnish with cilantro for a added flavor.