Gopalkala is a Janmashtami special dish, made of poha, curd & some seasoning to it. Apart from being a festive dish it is a cooling dish for summer days. This is a simple dish, which takes very few minutes of time in making it & tastes delicious. This dish is similar to south indian “Dadojanam” or curd rice & the only difference is we make this with beaten rice or poha.
Prep Time-15mins | Cook Time-2mins | Serves-2People
1/2Cup grated fresh coconut
2Green chili’s chopped
1Tsp finely chopped ginger
Salt to taste
cilantro/coriander leaves for garnish
– Add poha to a sieve & wash them with water. Allow poha to sit for 10mins.
– Mean while heat pan with ghee & to that add jeera, green chili’s & ginger.
– Fry them for few seconds & switch off heat.
– Add curd, coconut, salt & the fries seasoning to poha.
– Mix them well & garnish with coriander.
– Using a sifter will filter the leftover water from poha.
– You can add chopped cucumber at the end before adding coriander.