It is important to be able to effectively manage wardrobe space in order for it to serve you optimally. Let us look at some of the tips that are helpful.
1. It is better to fold all knit items to prevent hanger bumps. This includes sweaters, T-shirts and some blouses. This just suggests that clothes that are knitted and have loose knit holes should not be kept in hangers because chances are the hangers might ruin them e.g the hanger gets stuck in one of the holes. Oh no!!!
2. Garments that have sequins, embellishments and appliqués are best protected in your wardrobe by putting them in a garment bag, that way it makes them dust free and helps prevent tangling or loosing of the appliqués and beading.
3. Occasional items such as evening gowns, wedding dress, maternity dress, coats should be kept in a different section of a compartmentalized wardrobe and can easily be hand-picked when needed.
4. Frequent items I.e items that fit, items that go with other items and that you wear often or as recently as three months ago should be kept within reach in your wardrobe/closet space.
5. It’s also advisable to fold T-shirts into a drawer in other to get a full visual of the possible options available when you need to wear any, also linen and cotton garments could be hanged in a clamp hanger to prevent unnecessary creases.
Go try out these few tips and declutter your wardrobe space today!
written by elvis orji